time: 25 minutes
1 lb. beef cut into strips or cubes (tenderloin or sirloin)
salt and pepper to taste
1 pinch of ground ginger
1 tbs. canola or olive oil
1 onion, cut into very thin strips
3 crushed garlic cloves
2 cups chopped broccoli
2 tbs. soy sauce
2 tbs. roasted peanuts, chopped
1 tbs. sesame seeds (optional)
chopped chives to garnish
1 – Season the meat with salt, pepper and ginger.
2 – Heat the oil in a large pan and add the meat. Fry well (without stirring) for approximately 3 minutes.
3 – Mix and let it cook for another 3 minutes.
4 – Add onion and garlic, stirring occasionally.
5 – Once the onion is golden, put the broccoli, soy sauce, peanut and sesame seeds, mixing well.
6 – Cover the pan and set the fire to medium-high and let it cook for about 5 minutes (or until the broccoli is cooked to your taste).
7 – Turn off the heat and add the chives.
Tips and Options
- If the bottom of the pan starts to dry too much during the preparation of the dish, add a little warm water.
- This recipe can also be made with chicken breast.
- Spice up the dish with other vegetables such as bell peppers, carrots, eggplant or cabbage.
- Ginger can be used powdered or natural, grated (in this case, use only 1 teaspoon).
- White or brown rice and green salad are great side dishes.
- If you want to serve in Chinese style, place the rice in individual bowls and add the meat on top.
Original recipe (in Portuguese): Carne chinesa.