A typical Brazilian bar appetizer or barbecue side dish, this recipe is tasty and easy to prepare.
MINI POTATO WITH HERBS
time: 40 minutes
2 pounds mini potatoes
salt to taste
2 to 3 tablespoons (soup) olive oil
1 cup chopped parsley and chives
1 tbs chopped thyme
10 capers, finely chopped
1 tbs vinegar (or juice of 1 lemon)
1 - Wash the potatoes cook them in a large pot with water and a pinch of salt.
2 - Cook until soft (but not much).
3 - Remove potatoes from the pan using a colander and, if desired, remove the skins. Reserve.
4 - In a bowl, mix well olive oil, salt, herbs (parsley, chives and thyme), capers and vinegar.
5 - Add potatoes and stir. Taste and add salt if necessary.
6 - Serve chilled or at room temperature.
Tips and Options
- Potatoes can be used peeled or not.
- If you like, add a pinch of black or red pepper.
- Serve as an appetizer or side dish to roasts, barbecues or baked meat.
- Add 2 crushed garlic cloves to the recipe.
- Instead of capers, use 5 finelly chopped olives.
Original Recipe in English: Batatinha Aperitivo.