Great in size, great in flavor...
(10 servings / 6h30min) / Click here to see this recipe in Portuguese
Rack of beef short ribs (about 6 to 7 pounds)
salt to taste
1 bottle barbecue sauce
1 - Place the meat in a big baking sheet (the same that will be used for baking).
2 - Sprinkle salt to taste throughout the meat.
3 - Leave the bone facing down and spread barbecue sauce on top (reserve a little sauce to use later on).
4 - Cover baking sheet with aluminum foil (shiny side down). Be careful not to let any part open.
5 - Bake on a low-medium heat (300-350°F) for 6 hours.
6 - Remove the entire foil and pour the rest of barbecue sauce.
7 - Raise temperature to 450°F and bake for 10 minutes.
- Spice up the dish with potatoes and onion.
- White rice, green salad or vinaigrette are good side dishes for this meat.
- If this dish is going to be made for lunch, get up early!
- Barbecue sauce is a little sweet. If you don't like it, use only salt!
- To avoid left overs, invite friends to come over and help you out... :)
*this recipe was created and photographed by Paulo Bom, my brother.